Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Waiting for the Football season to start



We all love sports- at least most of the sports. I beleive this is true about most of the guys- we all take so much pride and joy in supporting our local teams, let it be our country's cricket team(Indian of course) or our city's NFL team(Go Seahawks!) or our Basketball team(Go Sonics!).

I can't easily put into words how I felt after the Indian loss in the final of World Cup 2003 and unfair loss handed to Seahawks by referees in Super Bowl XL. On both those unfortunate occassions, I felt so terrible that I just could not goto school/office the next day. It literally took days for me to get over that feeling.

And now after a long off-season, when life was filled with tough school and office schedule, and a lovely summer, another season of Football is here and I just hope that Seahawks live upto my expectations. For now, all I wish and hope is Seahawks get the division championoship. Let's see what the season has in store for the hawks.

With all that excitement, I can't wait anymore for the Football Sundays.

GO HAWKS!!

2 comments:

arati kadav said...

wow good luck with that :)

Abhishek said...

I saw that game too and I still remember the whole of city was eerily quite after the game. There were many sour grapes venting anger on the referee but I am sorry to say that sea-hawks played like chickens with head cut off.
Let’s just say they got bus(ed) over.