Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Don - The Chase Begins Again


After a series of promising teaser promos, finally the music of "Don - The Chase Begins Again" is now on the web. So here go my views:
"Aaj Ki Raat"- Alisha Chinoy, after reviving her singing career with "khajra re", seems to be back in bollywood. The song has nice music.
"Khaike Paan banaraswala" - AFAIK, this probably is the first song where Shahrukh lent his voice and it was not bad. I think it was a good effort by him.
"Main Hoon Don" by Shaan was okay too. It was a plain copy of the old song with some good music.
"Maurya Re"- I personally dislike Shankar Mahadevan, especially singing with high pitch, this one seems to one of those songs where he was not over-excited. The song is just about average.
"Ye Mera Dil"- It might be coincidence or not but somehow I think this song starts with a tone similar to that in"Don't Phunk With My Heart" of Black Eyed Peas. Nevertheless, the song was as good as the original in orginal Don.
What I didn't really like is that the album has 3 instrumentals/remixes, which is boring for me. One of them- "Don revisited" has a new funny and jhinchak line in it: "Don ke dushman ki sabsi badee galathi yeh hain ki woh Don ka dushman hain" :)
Overall, I liked the music, and yes - they're the songs playing in my car deck now.

1 comment:

arati kadav said...

and thanks for the cd ..they are playing in my apartment now :)